Wednesday 2 November 2011

The day Barack Obama almost had me arrested - Part VI

I try and not take life too seriously. The more I make people laugh, the better I feel. And so it was when I made my crack about Barack Obama owing me money.

Back in the 1930s, there was an event in Australian sport that is now known as "The Bodyline Series". Without going into the finer points - you can read all about it on Wikipedia - it was a series of cricket matches between Australia and England in which the English players deliberately set out to injure the Australians, particularly Donald Bradman. In the 1980s, a tele-movie called "Bodyline" was released in Australia that attempted - with alot of creative license on the part of the writers - to document the events of the Bodyline series. The line I remember most from the movie was when the English team Captain, Douglas Jardine, went to the dressing room of the Australian team and complained to the Australian Captain, Bill Woodfull, that one of the players had called him a "bastard" during that days play.  Woodfull turns to his players and said "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?" Jardine, in disgust, turns and walks away. Woodfull watches him leave, and then says "Silly bastard."

At first, I was a little worried that the prison T-shirt was confusing the feeble little minds of the security guards. in much the same way that it did with the plane passengers. They asked me several questions......



....and, generally tried to sound menacing. Their problem was, they weren't cops and so I wasn't going to take them too seriously. If they were serious then surely......



.....the first thing they would say was for me to come with them to a 'private' area where they could beat interrogate me. But, no.

After a while, I asked them what had prompted them to come and talk to me. I was thinking a passenger had complained to them about me calling Obama a bastard. But, that wasn't it.

It was the Flight Attendant. She wanted to play a joke on me for me playing a joke on her passengers.

Game Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment